Rheem water heaters are one of the top water heater brands in the US. Founded in 1927, Rheem only started manufacturing water heaters and air furnaces during the 1930s and 40s.
Though Rheem was a privately owned company, it was acquired by Ruud Manufacturing Company and the acquisition helped cement Rheem’s dominance in the North America with a product line that boasts of the best in technology use and quality.
In 1987, Paloma Industries of Japan acquired Rheem and it became a fully-owned subsidiary of the world’s biggest producer of gas-fueled appliances.
With headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, Rheem has several manufacturing facilities in North American cities like Montgomery, Fort Smith, Milledgeville, and Oxnard.
Besides this, Rheem also has units in Australia, Canada, and Mexico. All facilities are ISO: 9000 certified and adhere to the highest standards of quality.
Today Rheem produces products for both residential and commercial use that work on a range of energy saving fuels. Rheem’s range of water heating products include water heaters, instant or tankless-water heaters, residential and commercial water heaters, gas water heaters, solar water heaters, industrial water heaters, and propane water heaters.
- Rheem has an exhaustive and well-regarded range of water heating appliances.
- The company has separate product lines for both residential and commercial use.
- Rheem uses the latest technology to manufacture its water heaters and these include solar water heaters as well as propane gas water heaters.
- Some water heaters manufactured by Rheem even qualify for special tax incentive programs due to their energy efficient technology.
- Is one of the leaders in the hot water heating market and has an unmatched reputation and is dedicated to manufacturing quality products.
WHAT DO THEY SPECIALIZE IN
Rheem water heaters come with several standard features and these are:
Guardian System – a unique system that shuts of air and fuel to give the water heater added protection and longevity.
Combustion Shut Off System – a specially designed system that cuts out the gas and air supply in case of any spill ensuring that the combustion chamber doesn’t burst due to vapor burn.
Flame Arrestor Plate – a plate that disallows ignition fumes from building up outside the combustion chambers.
EverKleen System – this system drastically cuts on the buildup of sediments on the boiler, allowing for almost maintenance free performance.
Brass Drain Valve – many Rheem water heaters come with factory-fitted brass drain valve that doesn’t rust allowing for prolonged use.
TYPES OF WATER HEATERS ARE OFFERED
As mentioned earlier, Rheem has an exhaustive range of water heaters with most come fitted with standard features to ensure that you get your money’s worth.
- Rheem Gas Water Heaters including the very popular Fury gas series.
- Rheem Electric Water Heaters including top selling Warrior, Imperial, and Fury electric series.
- Rheem Tankless Water Heaters for both indoor and outdoor use
- Rheem Solar Water Heaters with Energy Star rating.
Rheem’s tankless water heaters are very popular with consumers and assure almost unlimited supply of hot water with minimum hassles, besides no tank means freedom from rust!
Paloma Whole Home 7.4 GPM Natural Gas Outdoor Tankless Water Heater With Remote Control (Model# is PTG-74XN)
1. Top-selling model at stores such as Lowes and Home Depot
2. Price $999.00 only
3. Sizes available from 30 to 50 gallons
If you want quality for every penny you spend on buying a water heater for your home, Rheem should be your first and only choice. Rheem water heaters have been especially designed for American environmental conditions and homes. All Rheem Water Heaters have been designed to function normally up to height of 6,000 feet.
1. Maintenance Free – some Rheem water heaters don’t have filter and don’t require regular cleaning.
2. Self Cleaning Tank – discourages buildup of sediments leading to hassle-free use.
3. Low NOx Emissions – low NOx emissions burner fitted in most Rheem water heaters is eco-friendly and reduces your electricity utility bill. Made from high quality SS (stainless steel), the burner is tough and lasts longer.
4. Energy Efficient Rating – all Rheem water heaters come with energy efficient ratings of 2.0 and above guaranteeing lower heating bills and significant saving. Rheem water heaters meet all requirements of the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act.
5. Warranty – all Rheem products come with a Limited Tank and Parts warranty valid for 6 years. The warranty is upgradable to Protection Plus Warranty for a period of 10 years.
You can purchase products directly from the RHEEM website, or from other online retailers.