Richmond water heater is manufactured by Rheem. Founded in 1927, Rheem only started manufacturing water heaters and air furnaces during the 1930s and 40s.
Though Rheem was a privately owned company, it was acquired by Ruud Manufacturing Company and the acquisition helped cement Rheem’s dominance in the North America with a product line that boasts of the best in technology use and quality.
In 1987, Paloma Industries of Japan acquired Rheem and it became a fully-owned subsidiary of the world’s biggest producer of gas-fueled appliances.
With headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, Rheem has several manufacturing facilities in North American cities like Montgomery, Fort Smith, Milledgeville, and Oxnard.
Besides this, Richmond water heaters are manufactured in Canada, Australia, and Mexico. All facilities are ISO: 9000 certified and adhere to the highest standards of quality.
Today Richmond water heaters are manufactured for both residential and commercial use.
The range of water heating products by Richmond include water heaters, instant or tankless-water heaters, residential and commercial water heaters, gas water heaters, solar water heaters, industrial water heaters, and propane water heaters.
Fast Recovery – Richmond water heater is ideal for “peak demand” water situations. It can work very well when multiple showers are in use or when showers are being operated simultaneously with dishwashers. The Richmond fast recovery water heaters can easily replace used hot water faster and this increases the supply of hot water automatically.
EverKleen™ Self Cleaning System – The EverKleen technology used in every Richmond water heater fights sediment and lime buildup and improves the overall tank life while maintaining peak efficiency. With the help of EverKleen technology, water is channeled through an exclusive inlet tube, which in turn helps in creating a high-speed spiraling stream of water. This ensures that sediment doesn’t settle in the tank and at the same time eliminates any tank “hot spots”.
LIFEGUARD™ Stainless Steel Heating Elements – The LIFEGUARD stainless steel heating element can last longer and thus prolong the overall life of a tank. It also helps in providing superior resistance to any type of lime build-up. It can resist accidental dry-fire burn-outs as well.
LDO Robustness For Efficient And Reliable Operation – The Richmond Integra System in water heaters have a unique design that helps in resisting the far reaching and detrimental effects of lint, dust, and oil (LDO). This is the key long product life and efficient performance.
WHAT DO THEY SPECIALIZE IN
Richmond offers an extensive product line in water heaters and are available for residential and commercial use. Some of the things that Richmond water heaters specialize in are:
- Richmond waters heaters are available in liquid propane (LP), natural gas, and electric models.
- Rigid foam insulation to fight any stand-by heat loss and provide maximum efficiency
- Low input pilots on gas models that help in reducing wasted energy during the stand-by period.
- Durable high temperature dip-tube that can meet stringent plumbing codes with ease.
- Heat traps, which can prevent any stand-by heat loss
- Porcelain Tank protection with the help of a corrosion resistant and tough porcelain tank lining
- Flammable vapor resistant design helps in shutting off the combustion chamber whenever there is flammable vapor
TYPES OF WATER HEATERS OFFERED
Richmond water heaters are available in two main categories: residential and commercial. Some of the popular models of Richmond Water Heaters include:
1. Electric Water Heaters for residential
2. Gas Water Heaters with INTEGRA
3. Richmond Encore Tankless
RMTG-66 Series Indoor Direct Vent Model
Energy Efficiency: 95%
1. Designed to meet or exceed ANSI (American National Standards Institute) requirements
2. RMTG-66 Water Flow (GPM) at 35° is 8.4 and at 100° is 2.9
3. Gas input is between 11,000 and 180,000 BTU/hr
4. UMC-117 remote control included with the water heater can be set from 120 degrees –140 degrees
5. Exclusive! Guardian SBT™ sensing burner technology
6. Exclusive! Guardian OFW™ overheat film wrap
7. Has an energy Factor of .82
8. Temperature range is 85°– 140° F. Factory set temperature is 120° F
9. 12-year limited warranty on heat exchanger, 5 year warranty on Parts, 1-year on Labor
Richmond water heater manufactured by Rheem incorporates a mix of advanced technology and easy to use features. From endless hot water supply to energy efficiency, precise temperature control, and compact size, Richmond water heaters have been designed specifically for home use.
You can purchase products directly from the RICHMOND website, or from other online retailers.